Without question, architects are highly skilled, thoroughly knowledgeable, and certainly creative specialists who provide an essential skill that most of us rely on far more than we realize. Indeed, some architectural masterpieces are nothing short of remarkable and exhilarating.
However, as valuable and important as architects are, contrary to popular belief, they are not essential for all kinds of office remodeling projects. Provided that you do not wish to make any external changes to your building, it may be suitable – and much more affordable – to hire a qualified, experienced and licensed interior solutions specialist, who will:
- Work closely with you to creatively design your re-invented office space, understanding both your employee workflow requirements and esthetic preferences (e.g. aligning with your corporate colors, etc.).
- Share with you a variety of richly detailed renderings that depict different layouts, so you can proactively envision possibilities.
- Present creative and inspiring ideas that fit within your budget – regardless of whether you have thousands to invest, or hundreds of thousands.
- Build a realistic schedule that allows you to make any necessary staffing changes (such as having your teams work remotely or in temporary offices during certain phases of the renovation, etc.).
- Help you choose new office furniture, and/or facilitate having your existing furniture refurbished as required.
- Lead a team that includes experienced project managers, trades, general contractors, and other specialists that will contribute to the office renovation.
- Ensure that all work proceeds in full compliance with prevailing building codes, safety requirements, etc.
- Provide you with ongoing updates, and be your single point of contact before, during and after the office renovation.
- Create a “punch list”, which ensures that all minor close-out tasks are taken care of before the project is officially closed.
In addition, if it is necessary to benefit from the expertise of an architect, then an interior solutions specialist will manage and govern that relationship as well, and ensure that the work is done efficiently, on schedule, in scope, and as cost-effectively as possible.
At Key Interiors, we’re interior solutions specialists with over 30 years of experience managing office renovation projects from design through to completion. We pride ourselves on transforming cutting edge designs into workspace reality. We also use advanced budget and project management techniques, such as value engineering, to ensure that our projects are completed on time and in budget. Contact us today for a free consultation!